Need to know the measurement details for half of one cup , half of 3/4 cup ,half of 1/2 cup half of 2 eggs.

For muffin cakes

asked by Surya 2 months ago

16 tablespoons to a cup
8 tablespoons to 1/2 cup
4 tablespoons to 1/4 cup
12 tablespoons to 3/4 cup
6 tablespoons to half of 3/4 cup
Half of 2 eggs is one egg...I’m guessing that was a joke 🤔question, but there you go!
BB

1/2 of 1 cup, of course, is 1/2 cup.
1/2 of 3/4 cup (1/2 x 3/4) = 3/8 cup = 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons
1/2 x 1/2cup is 1/4 cup
2/2 = 1.

nancy essig

Are you kidding me?

Miss Karen

Smaug, I love the humor. Thanks!
I concur that half of two eggs would be one egg, but I am no mathematician. You're on your own with this.

ORIGINAL (HALF)
1 cup (1/2 cup)
3/4 cup (1/4 cup + 2 Tbl.)
2/3 cup (1/3 cup)
1/2 cup (1/4 cup)
1/3 cup (2 Tbl. + 2 tsp.)
1/4 cup (2 Tbl.)
3 Tbl. (1 Tbl. + 1 1/2 tsp.)
2 Tbl. (1 Tbl.)
1 Tbl. (1 1/2 tsp.)

Congratulations, you've qualified for the special bonus round. For 23 extra points, how many firkins in half a tun?

About 27.
;)

Hm- I get 15.95, but you are at any rate the closest, so way to go; use those extra points wisely.

Wikipedia rates a tun at 240 gallons; a firkin at various measures 8 to 9 gallons (with 3 out of 5 holding for 9). So 240/9 gives, rounded, 27x. If you go with the 8 gallon measure, 30x.
How did you arrive at 15.95x?

Per Websters Unabridged Encyclopedic Dictionary; A firkin is 1/4 barrel, a barrel is 31 1/2 US gallons so 7.9 gall. A tun is 252 US gal. so half a tun is 126, dividing gives 15.94936 firkins/ 1/2 tun.

Sorry. Forgot your "half a tun" and figured for a tun. So 13.5x (in range with your more or less 16, reflecting various measures for firkin).
BTW, there's a pub near me called "the Fox & the Firkin" so term is not unknown in contemporary, albeit rare, use.

How many foxes fit in a fifth of a firkin?

Surya - are you OK with your thread being high-jacked by a secondary or silly question?
Smaug - none. Fox too smart to get into a firkin!

Miss Karen

It's humorous when Smaug gives his/her input. He/she has good info as well.😎

MsK- I thank you for the handsome tribute; SO much nicer than my usual "What the %#$* is WRONG with you". However, if the OP was in fact intended as a sincere request for information I apologize for my role in leading things astray.

Miss Karen
added about 2 months ago

😀