Is it safe to eat donuts left in a car?

I know this isn't really a cooking question but it's a food question. So, I bought Walmart donuts for work tomorrow. And I accidentally left them in my car for about two hours. It's 70 degrees outside. I tasted one and it was fine. Will they be safe to eat tomorrow?

asked by Vinny Demme 4 months ago

Sam corber

Donuts are typically stored room-temperature in donut shops. Bread is stored room temperature in our homes often. USDA does not recommend leaving food out between 40 and 140F for more than 2 hours.

PS: I believe that 2 hour rule oom temp maximum is for food normally kept under refrigeration.
The problem with donuts at room temp for a day or more may be dryness or staleness.
May need to warm them up and/or gave something like cream cheese nearby.

If the tv is to be believed, that's what police people live on.

...accompanied by a paper cup of stale coffee

Gammy

Safe, but maybe a bit stale as long as they are cake donuts or plain raised donuts. I would not eat if they are Boston Cream or have any additional dairy type fillings / toppings. Jelly donuts should be OK, too.

Gammy