Cookies stick to the baking pan

I baked amaretti cookies, unfortunately, i forgot to use the parchment paper, now the cookies stick on the baking pan.
How to fix this?

asked by Anthony Satya Widjaja 5 days ago

Emmie

If you can slide a slender spatula under them and use it to kind of "slice" them off, you may be able to get them off somewhat intact. Otherwise, you may end up with amaretti crumble, but you can put it on ice cream!

I'm not sure you can "fix it." However, I would start with a small metal spatula to each cookie and hope you can get them off the sheet as cookies. Otherwise, I'm guessing you'll have a bunch of very tasty crumbs you could use to top ice cream or a whole host of other desserts. And now you understand the importance of using parchment!

I'm all for using parchment or silpats for cookies, but most types of cookies have enough shortening and little enough moisture that sticking isn't a real problem; amaretti, being meringue based, are an exception.