A question about a recipe: Spicy Shrimp

5773ac5e 9aed 4bfe beac 935eb5152bcb  2012 0719 spicy shrimp james ransom 4955

I have a question about the recipe "Spicy Shrimp" from Helen. Would 24 hours be to long of a marinade?

asked by Jacob Crim 5 months ago

My approach would be the opposite: to decrease the marinading time rather than increase it.

Shrimp are already plenty flavorful, so much so that I often prefer cooking them with very little seasoning (salt, pepper, maybe a little citrus juice), especially if I am grilling them.

Now if you like your seafood masked in sauces and flavorings, go for it. After twenty four hours, the marinade might be the dominant flavor.

Personally, I never buy shrimp with the deliberate intent to mask its flavor.

But to each his own. Just do what you feel will please your own palate and those of your dinner guests.

Best of luck.

Jacob Crim

Thank you. Less time would be helpful. I was going to make this before traveling, and keep it in a cooler. I feel like I can do it when I arrive now.

Ttrockwood

I wouldn’t, the marinade may affect the texture of the shrimp after so long. An hour or so is fine