A question about a recipe: Pasta with Tomatoes, Garlic, Basil, and Brie

547d4b4b dfa0 494a 9415 04a97a103f05  20120804 food52 08 20 12 1466

I have a question about the recipe "Pasta with Tomatoes, Garlic, Basil, and Brie" from Merrill Stubbs. Is it a bad idea to let it sit longer than 8 hours? I’m looking to put it together before work, but then it wouldn’t be another ten hours before I get home in the evening.

asked by Sheldon 3 months ago

Ttrockwood

Will be fine to let sit ten hrs and then proceed with the recipe to make the pasta. I think longer than 12 would be a bad idea though.
The directions have you add the basil and then let it sit but it will discolor to a dark unattractive shade (perfectly safe to eat), i would wait and add the basil just before serving

Depends how you feel about raw garlic. It's kind of an edgy ingredient to begin with, and will grow stronger (and some would say fouler) with time. I'd guess that the basil will be OK if well coated with oil, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.