A question about a recipe: Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos

I have a question about the recipe "Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos" from Merrill Stubbs. How would I adapt this to cook in a slow cooker?

• 1 Comment
Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos
Recipe question for: Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos

1 Comment

HalfPint August 7, 2018
I would follow the directions up to Step 4. For Step 4:
- put the onion/pepper/spice mixture (from Step 3) into slow cooker with the meat
-add tomatoes, chicken stock, lime juice and salt. No need to add extra water.
-cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Then cook on low for 5-7 hours. Check for meat tenderness, at about the 3 hour mark. Slow cookers behave differently even among the same brand and model, so you'll have to check regularly for tenderness. The important thing is to not overcook the meat or it will get dry and stringy.
- When the meat is tender to your liking, remove from the slow cooker and set aside.
- If you have one of those newer slow cookers that can be used directly on the stove, reduce the sauce uncovered on the stove. Or transfer to a skillet or larger saucepan and reduce on the stove.