Cooked potatoes with sprouts

My dad made a pot roast with potatoes, and forgot to remove the sprouts. My two-year-old son will be eating this. Is it okay to eat?

asked by Jessica Allen 7 days ago

ktr
ktr

The potatoes should be fine as long as they weren’t soft or shriveled up.

dinner at ten
dinner at ten

dinner at ten is a trusted home cook.

I disgree -- the problem with sprouted potatoes is that the sprouts themselves (as well as parts of potatoes that have gone green) have higher concentrations of glycoalkaloids, which are moderately toxic. I suspect if your dad forgot to remove the sprouts that means they were tiny and therefore probably unlikely to contribute enough glycoalkaloids to cause harm, but this would be your judgement call. This article has more to say:
https://www.chowhound.com...