sprouted chickpea falafel?

Is there any reason I shouldn't use sprouted chickpeas instead of chickpeas for making falafel? In the middle of cooking and just realized I don't know a thing about eating/cooking sprouted chickpeas.

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

I haven't specifically made falafel with sprouted beans, but I can tell you I sprout every bean that I use and every dish I make turns out better than ever. Sprouted beans seem to become more tender and cook faster, so watch them when you cook them.

trampledbygeese
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

That's great news. My biggest challenge with falafel is that the insides don't cook fast enough, and if I lower the temp, then I get greasy falafels. These sprouted chickpeas are much easier to make into a paste the soaked ones. Can't wait to see how it will taste.

I have to admit chickpeas are not my favorite bean, but they look darn cute when sprouted and I like them much better in sprouted from. I do love falafel...go figure.

I'll bet you start sprouting more beans.

Do report back on your experience.

trampledbygeese
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

It went well. I was expecting a sweeter taste, but they are pleasantly bitter. It's also the first time using this recipe, and I wasn't fond of the spices they suggested. I think I'll try sprouted chickpeas again but next time with my usual falafel recipe. Thanks for the help.