Has anyone baked the oatmeal beer rolls from the cookbook recipe

Recipe is sparse on details uses unusual/ overkill? combo of leaveners buttermilk beer AND yeast — seems to be no knead — calls for one rise to triple volume

asked by porchapples 3 months ago

porchapples

Meant to write Aska ( Brooklyn) for cookbook reference

porchapples

I went ahead ( thus answering my own question) -- using the Emile Henry crown roll baker -- and following the baking advice associated with this . Turned out well thank goodness . The Aska rolls have an almost sconelike texture, probably owing to the butterfat and buttermilk, while still remaining breadlike. Worth a try for anyone who shares my curiosity about this restaurants baking recipes.