How do I keep my ice cream from freezing too fast

I use the kitchenaid ice cream attachment for the stand mixer. I notice that while most recipes say to churn for about 20-30 minutes, my ice creams freeze much fast than that (10-15). The results are not bad, but I wonder if I'm sacrificing nice air pockets because it churns so fast. I keep it at the slowest setting. Most of what I see online seems to indicate people having the opposite problem.

asked by Gabriela Maria 4 months ago

You should probably consider yourself fortunate- my machine takes forever and I'm quite sure it doesn't improve the quality. Homemade ice cream tends to be pretty dense.

By the way, this is probably a function of your freezer temperature, not the machine- you could leave the bowl out for a while to slow it down, but there's the risk of getting it too warm, in which case your ice cream won't freeze at all.