🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Homemade Yogurt

B829044b ed52 4310 9e1b a8b276b52ca3  homemade yogurt

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Homemade Yogurt" from merrill. It says:

"When it’s done, screw the lids onto the jars and refrigerate them for at least 3 hours before eating. ***Note: To make honey-vanilla yogurt, whisk in 3 to 4 tablespoons honey (depending on your taste) and the seeds of one vanilla bean after you combine the starter with the milk.To make espresso-flavored yogurt, whisk in 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon instant espresso and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (or more to taste) after you combine the starter with the milk."

oops, I added the vanilla and honey right at the beginning of heating the milk! should I go ahead and give up, or see what happens?

asked by SuzChef over 6 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I'd see what happens -- it may affect the outcome, but it may not. Unfortunately, I've never done it that way before, so I can't give you any personalized feedback!