A question about a recipe: Banana Pudding Icebox Cake

2defbe61 4206 4386 af8c f7372eb8c281  2018 0516 banana pudding icebox cake 3x2 rocky luten 039

I have a question about the recipe "Banana Pudding Icebox Cake" from Emma Laperruque. I'd like to make this, and then bring it to my mother's house for dessert. That requires a mostly non-air conditioned commute of approx. 1 hour. If I put it straight into the fridge when I get there, do you think it will still maintain it's shape and flavor?

asked by Samantha 2 months ago

Maybe in an insulated bag with an ice pack. They are not very sturdy. I serve mine right out the fridge. Anyone else?

Agree with insulated carrier (bag, box, whatever).
Also, an idea from some of my recipes for chocolate fridge cake...freeze for a few hours, to give it sturdiness, then if/when it thaws a bit on the road, it will still be cool when you arrive.