How do I create a link to my blog URL on my profile page? I see that some of the members have a direct link to their blogs.

I have entered my blogs address in the space provided, but it doesn't show up.

beyondcelery
beyondcelery March 8, 2011

If you edit your profile, add a link to your blog in the space for "If you have a blog, enter url here." It'll show up as "Check out my blog" at the top of your profile page when it's saved. (Look at the top of my profile for an example.)

Panfusine
Panfusine March 8, 2011

I did but it does not show up when I save my profile...is it because I'm logged in & trying to see my own page?

Peter
Peter March 8, 2011

Panfusine, I think you're good to go. When I view your profile here:

http://www4.food52.com/users/15156_panfusine

I see a link that reads "check out my blog" and when I click it, I see your blog.

Panfusine
Panfusine March 8, 2011

Thanks syronai & Peter: It did show up when I logged out AND disconnected from my FB page

Peter
Peter March 8, 2011

I don't think it had anything to do with logging out or disconnecting from Facebook. More likely we just didn't refresh the appearance of your page for 5 minutes. (If you wanna get technical, we forgot to expire the cache when you updated the data that drives the appearance of the page.)

beyondcelery
beyondcelery March 8, 2011

I can't see mine if I'm logged in either, so that probably had something to do with it. Glad you got it working!

Peter
Peter March 8, 2011

Doh! Syronai is right! We don't show you a link to your OWN blog on your own profile. But everyone else can see it. I'll try to get that fixed ASAP.

Waldito
Waldito March 9, 2011

Hi All - thanks for posing the ?, as I've been wondering the same thing. Even followed Syronai & Peter's advice. Is where I live (Italy) part of the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks.