Over roasted cashews.

I over roasted cashews they're not totally burnt just over done for eating by the handful. Is there anything I can make that calls for over roasted cashews?

asked by Raul Alvarez 2 months ago

Emma Laperruque
Emma Laperruque

Food Writer & Recipe Developer at Food52

I bet that extra-toasty, almost-bitter flavor would be great in a salty-sweet brittle! https://food52.com/blog...

Raul Alvarez

Awesome thank you so much :)

Alexandra V. Jones

Savory cashew butter would be great... depending on the amount you have, brown a shallot in olive oil, add cashews shallot and oil a lil salt and whiz in a food processor, add more oil if it's too chunky, use as a vegan spread on basically anything, my fav is on a veggie sandwich.

Ttrockwood

You could chop them up well and use in a granola (add after baking the granola), or as a garnish for soup, yogurt, oatmeal, salad.... anywhere you want that crunchy nutty flavor.

Or make a variation on Thai peanut sauce, using the cashews as the nut.

Alyssa

I do this often, and it's delicious!

Lost_in_NYC

1) chop them up to use in a salad
2) Empellon's cashew salsa!