A question about a recipe: Paccheri pasta filled with ricotta and chard

5139806a 1bf1 43a9 86f9 788614532aca  img 8175

I have a question about the recipe "Paccheri pasta filled with ricotta and chard" from mad&delicacy. I notice the directions say "bake." Any hint how long in how hot an oven?

asked by Gayle Arendt 2 months ago

Hmpph- the recipe the link leads to doesn't even get that far, it just puts them in the baking dish. Since it's all cooked aand room temperature, I'd cook it like lasagna- about 15 min. at 450, top of the oven.

When you see instructions here (or anywhere else on the Internet for that matter) that is clearly incomplete, your best course of action is to look to see if the instructions have been published elsewhere.

In this case, clicking on the author's name (mad&delicacy) leads to their profile page which lists their website.

A quick search on their site locates the recipe:

https://madanddelicacy.com/2017/10/03/paccheri-pasta-filled-with-ricotta-and-chard/

where the following steps are excluded from the Food52 entry:

"Then pour on the besciamella or cream, sprinkle with Parmesan (the last half).

Pre-heat oven to 240 °C and cook for 20 mins until pasta topping is golden."

Copy editing on the Internet is abysmal and has been for 20+ years. And it's getting worse and worse each passing day.

This is not a new tip and certainly not one exclusive to food recipes. People bungle instructions *ALL THE TIME* on the Internet and careful proofreading is decidedly a rare occurrence these days.

Anyhow, enjoy the pasta.

Gayle Arendt

Thank you, CV! This is very useful information because this is not the first time I have encountered incomplete information in a recipe. Great lesson, well taught, and well learned!

A similar recipe (this one has ricotta and broccoli as filling) bakes for 15 minutes at 350F.
https://anitalianinmykitchen.com/baked-paccheri/

mad&delicacy

Really sorry! The two important steps I missed are: Coat the bottom of a baking dish with 2 tbsp of the besciamella or light cream. Spoon the filling into the paccheri tubes using a teaspoon and lay, side by side, on the baking dish.

Then pour on the besciamella or cream, sprinkle with Parmesan (the last half).

Pre-heat oven to 240 °C and cook for 20 mins until pasta topping is golden.
enjoy the pasta
mad&delicacy

Gayle Arendt

Dear Mad&Delicacy: How thoughtful of you! I actually visited your blog and tracked down the original post with the help of another Food 52 member. Made it last night with red chard. Yum, yum, yum. P.S. Love your blog!

mad&delicacy

Very Kind of your dear Gayle Arendt!