A question about a recipe: Daniel Boulud's Tomates Farcies

F05f1b42 4496 4a63 85c4 d119374068fd  2018 0907 daniel boulud tomate farcie 3x2 ty mecham 001

I have a question about the recipe "Daniel Boulud's Tomates Farcies" from Food52. In the picture, the tomato caps are obviously cooked. When and how does this happen? The recipe doesn't say.

asked by valerie justman about 1 month ago

added about 1 month ago

It's a shame that Food52 neglected to provide instructions for this detail. They abandoned process photography years ago; that probably would have given a very simple clue.

Anyhow while I have never made this particular recipe I've made similar dishes. I'd bake the tomato caps on the same baking sheet alongside the stuffed tomatoes. The caps will likely be done before the stuffed tomatoes so I'd remove the caps early and set aside.

Another option would be to bake the caps on a separate smaller baking sheet.

Anyhow best of luck.