Taking good photos - need recommendations on lighting, etc

Preparing dishes to post on social media for our restaurant. Needing pointers on lighting for crisp look, food doesn’t look bright enough, angles to shoot.. etc

asked by Jeralyn 11 days ago

This is a great book from a food blogger, https://smile.amazon.com/Focus-Food-Photography-Bloggers-Fundamentals/dp/0240823672/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1541614205&sr=8-2&keywords=blog+photography

This Hotline might not be sufficient to get all the basic info that you would need to capture good photos and it might be confusing with some many different inputs. This book from Matt Armendariz is concise without getting too technical. There's good info on lighting and color adjustment.

I've saved a bunch of helpful articles from this site. Just click on my name, go to Page 2 of my collections, and you'll see "Photographing Food."

Another resource: Go to http://www.davidlebovitz... and do a search on "photography." He has some great blog posts on the subject.

rryoresmama

Please, please, make sure there are no fingers showing. Delicate cookies on a china plate is more appetizing than single cookie held up in a purple finger-nailed hand. Really a pet peeve of mine, big turn off no matter what food it is.