Macaron troubleshooting

Tried making this recipe a few times: 3 eggs, 1/4 cup granulayed sugar, tsp vanilla. Then folding in 1 cup almond flour and 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar.
I bake at 300 but the feet don’t seem to rise as much as other macarons.

asked by michelle 28 days ago

michelle

these are the macarons

So sett

ive only made macarons two or three times, but usually when i have an issue w flatness in baking, its because of too much liquid in the dough.... i think egg whites are a hydrating factor in dough, so maybe the eggs you’re using have a larger egg white size than the ones the recipe writer used? I believe that extra large and large chicken eggs only differ in egg white size, and thus the larger the egg the more white it has... or maybe you’re not getting a hard enough peak when whipping the eggs? good luck!!!