A question about a recipe: Russ Parsons' Dry-Brined Turkey (a.k.a. The Judy Bird)

Ec3c1da0 82a5 4554 9acc 36dfd77f86af  2016 1028 judy bird bobbi lin 11189

I have a question about the recipe "Russ Parsons' Dry-Brined Turkey (a.k.a. The Judy Bird)" from Genius Recipes. Can this turkey be stuffed?

asked by Gloria Fruchtman Berlin 30 days ago

Leith Devine
Leith Devine

Leith is a trusted home cook.

Go to the recipe thread for the recipe. I wouldn’t stuff the turkey, primarily because it’s nearly impossible to get the stuffing up to 165 degrees without over cooking the turkey and you’d be eating undercooked turkey juices. Also the stuffing would be too salty inside this bird. Cook it in a casserole on the side and spoon some drippings over it to give it that cooked in the turkey taste.