🔕 🔔

boozy husband muffin request

Hello friends! My completely charming husband was ruminating (after his 3rd bourbon) last night about how awesome it would be to have a sweet muffin with savory elements. "Like a regular muffin, but with bacon and CHEESE!," he said. "So like a corn muffin," I said. "No, no, no," he said, vigorously shaking his head, "not sweet enough." Then there was a moment of silent contemplation. "With green chilies!" he pronounced, emphatically.

Anybody got any ideas? many thanks in advance!

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

asked 20 days ago

ktr

Maybe start with a blueberry muffin recipe, remove the blueberries and add the bacon, cheese and green chilies.

we have this amazing donuts shop that sells bacon crumble donuts with caramel glaze. So maybe something in that direction?

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I like the way you and your husband think! Here's a recipe you might try https://www.kingarthurflour...

Aa802f58 3227 4bd7 a060 b77e03bc91a6  2011 unloaded 882

Peanut butter and bacon muffins... SNARF!

Just a guess, but bourbon.
There are muffin recipes where It's part of the batter.
Or some with bourbon butter as a garnish.

Be53e5fa f5fe 4601 8d5e 7d9c096a5aed  nog
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm still struggling with this one but I may take ktr's suggestion and start with a blueberry-less muffin and then do the add ins. Was also thinking about doing a sweet enriched dough (like a parker house roll) and stuffing it. Not quite a muffin, but boozy husbands can't be picky.... :)

Rachael - your enriched dough with stuffing idea made me think of a cinnamon roll (with or without the cinnamon).
In any case, both yeast-dough rolls will keep better than quick-bread based muffins.

I suppose advice to just make a muffin and put a shot glass next to it so he forgets that discussion after two or three is inappropriate. :o)

Not much advice to offer- as they say "cooking is an art, baking is a science" The levels of liquids, fats, and dry ingredients can make a tremendous difference in the final product. Think about the similarities and differeces between chocolate cake and a chocolate brownie. It's all in the ratios involved...

But I have to admit, a corn muffin with bacon, cheese, and a bit of jalapeno sounds tasty right now- and I just might be boozed enough myself to forget this comment tomorrow. (lol)