How long to roast turkey at 6500 elevation

I have a 27.7 pound turkey and am at 6500 feet elevation. I am not stuffing it. How long should I roast it at 325 degrees? Thank you!!

asked by stephanie 26 days ago

Erin Alexander

Hi, Stephanie! Here's a great guide from the USDA about cooking at high altitude: https://www.fsis.usda.gov...

Here's what they say: "Use the sea-level time and temperature guidelines when oven-roasting meat and poultry, as oven temperatures are not affected by altitude changes." Either way, you'll want to use a food thermometer to make sure the internal temperature reaches 165°F—that's when it's safe to eat! Hope that helps and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!