The pie emoji is coming! Hear how we helped change history. »
🔕 🔔

How long should I cook a 30 pound stuffed turkey? Is there a better rule of thumb than 20 minutes per pound once a turkey reaches a certain weight such as 25 pounds? Also, can I brine a turkey for 24 hours or is that too long? Thanks!!!

asked by janebaumrind over 6 years ago
39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Epicurious has a great chart for turkey doneness, taking into account turkey size, oven temp & time, though you'd have to allow a bit more time for the larger bird and stuffing: http://bit.ly/dMQo7M

But it's best to take the internal temperature anyway -- you'll want to hit at least 150 in the fleshy part of the thigh (the temp will continue to climb as it rests) and 165 in the stuffing -- if the stuffing isn't at 165 when the bird is done, you can always take it out and bake it separately.