A question about a recipe: Pumpkin Pie with Gingersnap Crust and Cinnamon Whipped Cream

I have a question about the recipe "Pumpkin Pie with Gingersnap Crust and Cinnamon Whipped Cream" from Fresh Beats, Fresh Eats. gingersnap crust from pumpkin pie

senorahughes November 21, 2018
Hi Sorry! This sent without me realizing! Question is can I bake and freeze the crust overnight? Same with prepping the filling ingredients! Thanks!

Chrissie G. November 21, 2018
No problem! Happens to me all the time : )
You can definitely bake and freeze the crust overnight. As for the filling, it's not recommended to freeze uncooked pumpkin filling (because the eggs can curdle in the thawing process). So you can either freeze the crust and make the filling day-of OR bake the entire pie in advance, let it cool completely, then wrap it in plastic wrap to freeze.
Here's a good article about freezing pies, if you want to know more:
https://food52.com/blog/14836-yes-you-can-freeze-your-thanksgiving-pies

Hope this helps!

Chrissie G. November 21, 2018
Hi senorahughes,
Happy to help here—what was your question about this recipe? Just let us know when you can. Thanks!