A question about a recipe: Pumpkin Pie with Gingersnap Crust and Cinnamon Whipped Cream

F91bd532 8914 413e b781 1a8a70aae0fd  2013 1119 cp pumpkin pie gingersnap crust 024

I have a question about the recipe "Pumpkin Pie with Gingersnap Crust and Cinnamon Whipped Cream" from Fresh Beats, Fresh Eats. gingersnap crust from pumpkin pie

asked by senorahughes 25 days ago

Chrissie Gruebel

Hi senorahughes,
Happy to help here—what was your question about this recipe? Just let us know when you can. Thanks!

senorahughes

Hi Sorry! This sent without me realizing! Question is can I bake and freeze the crust overnight? Same with prepping the filling ingredients! Thanks!

Chrissie Gruebel

No problem! Happens to me all the time : )
You can definitely bake and freeze the crust overnight. As for the filling, it's not recommended to freeze uncooked pumpkin filling (because the eggs can curdle in the thawing process). So you can either freeze the crust and make the filling day-of OR bake the entire pie in advance, let it cool completely, then wrap it in plastic wrap to freeze.
Here's a good article about freezing pies, if you want to know more:
https://food52.com/blog...

Hope this helps!