🔕 🔔

What do you think about perforated pie tins? I used mine once and the crust of the pumpkin pie was great, but butter crust dripped in oven

asked by Robin O'D almost 6 years ago

2fc558a8 bd7d 4d57 9ed4 e14a7fcea429  fb avatar

I have one that I really like for custard pies (like pumpkin or chess pie) and for blindbaking for cream pies - I put a cookie sheet on the rack below to catch any errant drips.

I prefer glass.
I agree with Savorykitchen about the cookie sheet, but line it with foil so that the butter bits don't burn on, their not terribly fun to scrub off.

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

luv my perforated pie tin but may be unduly influenced by its vintagey look. Use a cookie sheet to catch the drips.