Gluey, mashed, potatoes

This year my mashed potatoes turned gluey. I used Yukon Gold potatoes peeled. Is there anything I can do or do I need to start over and NOT use a hand mixer this time?

asked by Kely McKeown 18 days ago

Hi Kelly. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you need to start over. I always mash by hand, because I think using a mixer or a food processor pretty much always leads to some gluiness. Also, Russets are less likely to glue up on you...Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Sorry, *Kely*!

No way I know to fix.
In future, avoid machine mashing (blender, mixer, processor), which creates the gluey texture.
Only solution I've found is to spread them in an ovenproof casserole, top with butter, cheese &/or breadcrumbs, bake as gratin under the grill to get a crispy crust