Forgot to brine overnight legs for smoking on the grill

Have 2 turkey legs (total lbs = 4.5) my husband forgot to brine it last night. We planned to smoke them on the grill. Brine vs. no Brine this AM?

asked by Zoe Flanagan 19 days ago

Erika Spears

I don't know anything about smoking, but if you have an hour before you start cooking, that amount of time would be fine for brining.

Azora Zoe Paknad
Azora Zoe Paknad

Zoe is an Account Executive at Food52.

You could go either way and I'm sure they would still be delicious! You certainly have time for another brine, and you could up the intensity factor on the brine to ensure flavor in a short time. There are some relevant ideas here (particularly Michael Ruhlman's!): https://food52.com/blog...