A question about a recipe: Caesar-Style Kale Salad with Roasted Onions and Ricotta Salata

Ee17f379 1025 466c a4da 59ce7b362130  2014 0311 cp caesar style kale salad 011

I have a question about the recipe "Caesar-Style Kale Salad with Roasted Onions and Ricotta Salata" from cookinginvictoria. what type of anchovie did you use?

asked by Marie Ruggles 17 days ago

cookinginvictoria

Hi Marie, I buy a big can of the Agostino Recca salted anchovies from Sicily, which a local gourmet Italian food shop stocks. Here is an image of what the can looks like. It looks like Amazon used to carry them, but they are now out of stock. I keep the anchovies in the fridge in a big Ziploc bag layered with lots of salt. They keep for a very long time. I give them a brief rinse and remove the bone and fins before using. They are wonderful -- I highly recommend!