A question about a recipe: Roasted Sausage, Chard, and Cannellini Beans

C946c9c8 f3c8 48e4 87b6 b1bf68701e4a  2015 0730 roasted sausage chard and cannellini beans james ransom 086

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Sausage, Chard, and Cannellini Beans" from EmilyC. If I want to use fresh sausage, wouldn't it be hard to remove the casings and slice it up? Can I roast the sausages whole and then cut up after?

asked by Rosalie Principe 13 days ago

It varies some from sausage to sausage, but generally it's quite easy to remove- just slit the casing lengthwise and turn it out. It's already ground, you shouldn't need to cut it up, just break it apart. Cooked sausage holds together more, which is why it's handled differently in the recipe.

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I would suggest roasting the sausages whole....I personally prefer sausage in its casing, texturally. I also think its a more beautiful presentation.

Sausage always in the casing.
I can buy it in bulk when making sauce but prefer casing sausage fir everything else.

Different strokes... I usually find sausage cooked whole in its casing too fatty for human consumption.