A question about a recipe: Weeknight Chicken Parm

I have a question about the recipe "Weeknight Chicken Parm" from Ella Quittner. Any tips for doubling this? I need to feed three kids and 2 adults(one of whom is breastfeeding!). Should I do extra chicken slices in batches (does that get too messy??)? And should the broiler be HI or LO?

• 1 Comment
8ec77be1 3257 463b a65d a61d20ed5128  more crop 3x2 2018 1109 oven fried chicken parm 3x2 rocky luten 015
Recipe question for: Weeknight Chicken Parm

1 Comment

Ella Quittner
Ella Quittner January 10, 2019

Hi Nicole,

You can just go ahead and double this fully, except for the egg you're using to dredge the chicken, you'll only need 3 for a double recipe (not 4 eggs). If you can fit it, I would just do both batches at once in two skillets. In terms of broiler setting, you should start off on high, but if the chicken is browning way too quickly (like, if it looks like it might start to burn in some spots after the first minute or so), try taking it down to low.

Let me know how it goes!
Ella