A question about a recipe: Violet Bakery's Cinnamon Buns

I have a question about the recipe "Violet Bakery's Cinnamon Buns" from Genius Recipes. I've made these before in a muffin tin, but had to throw mine away. Does anyone have tips for baking them in some type of pan? Thanks!

• Posted by: Jessica
  • January 25, 2019
  • 1 Comment
77c770c0 23f1 4f2d b8a9 3c12674c79af  2018 0316 genius quick no yeast cinnamon buns 3x2 rocky luten 038
Recipe question for: Violet Bakery's Cinnamon Buns

1 Comment

Lori Terwilliger
Lori Terwilliger January 25, 2019

The main thing the muffin pan does is help hold the shape as the dough rises in the baking. I haven't made this particular recipe, but I do make one much like it that I inherited from my grandmother. It says you can bake individual rolls in a muffin pan- or grandma's handwritten note says it works in a regular cake pan, just to space them a bit apart from one another to allow them "room to grow". When I do this, I put them with the wrapped bottom underneath and the edge against the cake pan side. They do occasionally come a bit "unwrapped" but still taste just as good. I imagine it would work that way with this recipe as well. I also make them separate rolls using silicone muffin/cupcake liners, in case you don't want to buy another pan. I actually like using those just as well as the muffin pan, to be honest.