🔕 🔔

Why do you eat?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

because i like having things in my mouth that taste nice

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

eat to live; eat yummy things to make living more enjoyable!

Because it is so utterly pleasurable.

2045a005 8613 4be3 af5a 15bed1831f49  sodium girl

To stay alive and healthy! My strict low sodium diet has helped me avoid a kidney transplant and got me off of dialysis! And it has made me be more creative with my food and appreciate the diversity of ingredients.

9ac3a641 8957 4d8a b05c d028947d4131  stonecutting 32

I used to eat only to experience the joy of tasting good food. Two years ago, I went on a diet to lose weight and become healthier - at that point, I began to eat for energy and sustenance as well as pleasure. During the process, I was amazed to discover that it is possible to make healthy and delicious food, and that those rare indulges were all the more sweet for having them a little less often.

6f614b0c 899e 467f b032 d68711f70a39  2011 03 07 18 28 41 870

I eat to keep body and soul together, and I make sure what I eat is wonderful. I cook for the shear joy of it. Since I need to eat healthier now, I get a charge out of finding healthy great tasting recipes to bring to the table. The challenge of trying to cook seasonally with local ingredients has become an obsession, too. I can't wait for my CSA to start up and the fun to begin again.