Why do you eat?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 7 years ago

Abijosiah

because i like having things in my mouth that taste nice

eat to live; eat yummy things to make living more enjoyable!

Because it is so utterly pleasurable.

Sodium Girl

To stay alive and healthy! My strict low sodium diet has helped me avoid a kidney transplant and got me off of dialysis! And it has made me be more creative with my food and appreciate the diversity of ingredients.

littleknitter

I used to eat only to experience the joy of tasting good food. Two years ago, I went on a diet to lose weight and become healthier - at that point, I began to eat for energy and sustenance as well as pleasure. During the process, I was amazed to discover that it is possible to make healthy and delicious food, and that those rare indulges were all the more sweet for having them a little less often.

Helen's All Night Diner

I eat to keep body and soul together, and I make sure what I eat is wonderful. I cook for the shear joy of it. Since I need to eat healthier now, I get a charge out of finding healthy great tasting recipes to bring to the table. The challenge of trying to cook seasonally with local ingredients has become an obsession, too. I can't wait for my CSA to start up and the fun to begin again.