The exclusive Italian nonstick from Ballarini the pros swear by. Shop now »
🔕 🔔

I'm looking for really good crock-pot recipes

I would like to have some more crock-pot recipes, as this is a favorite and easy way to prepare meals. Any recipes welcome, both with meat and vegetarian. Thanks!!

asked by katiebakes about 6 years ago
6f614b0c 899e 467f b032 d68711f70a39  2011 03 07 18 28 41 870

Just about any stew or braised dish can be adapted to a crock pot. Brown the meat and vegetables as your favorite recipe indicates then put with the liquid into the crock pot and cover. Bring to a simmer on high, then turn down to low and simmer until desired doneness. There are lots of great recipe sites on line that give more precise directions.

4de32233 9b14 42ac bf6a 7a02a8474e54  dsc 0034

Oh, so many wonderful options! I love my crock pot =)

I just made this recipe:
http://www.nytimes.com...
Double the mushrooms and place into your crockpot for 6 hours (if the sauce is not reduced enough, just reduce on your stove top).

I also made this wonderful recipe in my crock pot:

Again cooking on high for 6+ hours (last three with top off). Adding the mushrooms about an hour before you finish cooking helps.

P.S. Yes, HelloKitchen has got it -- so many recipes can be adapted. One trick I've found to reduce the liquid is to leave the lid off for 2-3 hours at the end of cooking. You can also always reduce the sauce on the stove after too.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

The famous Chicken Marbella recipe from the Silver Palate translates really well into a crock pot recipe. My god daughter makes its all the time and she simply throws everything into the pot and lets it cook all day.