A question about a recipe: Aunt Mariah's Lemon Sponge Cups

D5c1c351 db82 42b9 941f 6ea13df107ef  ss020811f 133

I have a question about the last step on the recipe "Aunt Mariah's Lemon Sponge Cups" from ENunn. It says:
Let cool a bit. Turn out and serve with whipped cream, or serve still in the dish. You can also bake this in one large souffle dish. Aunt Mariah likes to garnish with a thin slice of lemon."

I just made these. Amazing. Really fantastic. But I was making them as an experiment, before I tried with guests. And now I have 5 more that I can't eat myself. I mean... probably not all today. So... how well do they keep? And do you have any tips? If I want to bring one to a friend in 4 hours do I need to refrigerate it between now and then?
THANKS!

asked by OnePerfectEgg over 7 years ago

In 4 hours, you should be fine but you'll want to refrigerate the rest. I bet they're lovely when chilled, but you could also take them out of the fridge an hour ahead and let them come down to room temperature if you like. In our experience, they held up very well and didn't collapse like a finicky souffle would.

beyondcelery

I made these a few weeks ago and kept them in the fridge for 3 days. If there are any left after that, toss them. They kept well in their dishes with plastic wrap over them (no collapsing). I made them as an experiment too, the day before I had a party. People are used to poking their heads into my fridge to see what's been happening and a lot disappeared to exclamations of "these are so good!" No one guessed I'd made them 24 hours before.

OnePerfectEgg

I actually ended up refrigerating them, and the later in the night put a couple in the oven for a few minutes. I loved the one I ate straight out of the oven so I thought I'd see how that worked. And... PERFECTLY. These really are fantastic. I'm so glad to have found the recipe. THANK YOU!