🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Mung Bean and Shrimp Soup (Ginisang Monggo)

11c27984 59b6 4dd3 9a56 581e7f8eb567  040111f mung 02

I have a question about the recipe "Mung Bean and Shrimp Soup (Ginisang Monggo)" from betteirene. Do you think I need to soak the mung beans overnight?

asked by healthierkitchen over 6 years ago

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

No: The long, hot, luxurious soak takes the place of the overnighter. Mung beans cook up quickly, more like split peas than beans.

I didn't mention that this is Filipino "poor man's food" and that it's served with (or on top of, like gravy) boiled white rice, as is everything in the Philippines. I like it better with a slice of bread with butter.

Garnish it with some canned La Choy bean sprouts to make it come full circle. Have fun!

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

thanks betteirene!