Need a recipe for wild turkey

I have a wild turkey breast and thigh (bone in) that I have soaked overnight in milk, and now I need an idea for a marinade/sauce, as well as a cooking method or recipe that does not involve a grill!

asked by m1800 over 6 years ago

Brain Health Kitchen

My husband hunts turkey so I am often faced with the very same issue! Last time he brought one home here's what I did: Soak overnight in milk. Braise (gently) stovetop in chicken broth with aromatics. Serve with Salsa Morena, fresh tortillas, Mexican rice, and a nice big salad with avocados and oranges. The Salsa Morena is sweet and spicy, but so much easier than a mole. I love it with wild game. Here's the link:http://www.jacksonholefoodie.com/1/category/salsa%20guajillo/1.html

Another approach would be cacciatore---or hunter style as you are working with component parts. Essentially it's tomato, onion, garlic, wild mushrooms and herbs such as thyme and rosemary. The French would call it "chasseur" but what the hell do they know. This is essentially a slowly simmered "stew" so no grill necessary.