Potholders?

What are your favorites?

drbabs March 26, 2011

Mine are the silicone squares.

hardlikearmour March 26, 2011

I like the silicone squares and the silicone glove. Added bonus is you can run them through the dishwasher to clean them.

boulangere March 26, 2011

Silicone on one side.

Sam1148 March 26, 2011

I like the silicone ones. With one drawback...I always feel like the pot or dish will slip out of my hand with the silicone glove.

Greenstuff March 26, 2011

Thanks for the quick answers. I have silicone squares and a silicone glove, and they have their places. I love the colorful squares, and use them as hot pads as well as potholders. But while the glove is great for reaching into really hot places, like Sam1148 says, it's kind of clumsy. Does anyone like something softer?

Helen's All Night Diner

I have some that are thick large squares sewn together on 3 sides so that you can slip your hand inside. You can use it like a regular old fashioned square cloth pot holder, or you can use it like a glove. I also have lots of gloves. Several pairs of leather gloves for when we're using the smoker or cooking on the outdoor fireplace.

healthierkitchen
healthierkitchen March 26, 2011

I use the old fashioned small sized dishcloths folded in fourths

healthierkitchen
healthierkitchen March 26, 2011

Although I did recently buy one of those all-in-one potholders with an opening on each end for each hand like Amanda has in some of the videos. It's useful when you have a big, heavy pot to take out of the oven. Found it at Home Goods.

Melusine
Melusine March 27, 2011

The Ove-Glove, at the King Arthur Flour's website. Easy to slip on and off of either hand, with non-slip grids on the palms and fingers, on both sides. They can be tossed in the washer and the material doesn't bunch up and create hot spots. I use the silicone squares, too, but for landing zones.