Slow cooking a boneless pork shoulder with some onions, green peppers and jalapeno - what should I do with it for dinner?

boulangere March 27, 2011

Merrill's pork tacos!

JudyH
JudyH March 27, 2011

After it's cooked, cut the pork into cubes if you haven't already, and brown in a hot oven to make carnitas. Reduce your cooking liquid to serve with it. Serve with slaw made with an oil, vinegar, cumin and cilantro dressing and corn tortillas.

lbcashmanRD
lbcashmanRD March 28, 2011

you could throw some red potatoes in the pot in the last hour and just have a meal finished. If you want to get fancier I like JudyH's idea OR you could go a bit korean-esque with lettuce cups (since meat so rich) and fresh cilantro/lime with reduced braising liquid as sauce. Enjoy!

JessicaBakes
JessicaBakes March 30, 2011

cooking pork shoulder with a couple tablespoons of smoked paprika and about a tsp of fennel seeds makes for something that tastes a lot like pepperoni...but more delicious and tender!