"Baked" Brie?

Does anyone know if "baking" a small brie in the microwave would work? I'm almost afraid to experiment but if someone already has......................

• Posted by: Fern
  • March 30, 2011

kimkej
kimkej March 30, 2011

I prefer doing it in the oven but have done it often in the microwave with no problems. Depending on the size, I would go 2-4 minutes. It will be yummy either way!

Fern
Fern March 30, 2011

Thanks Kimkej. On FULL POWER?

StacyG
StacyG March 30, 2011

If you try the microwave go slow and at half power. Check it often. I think 2-4 minutes on full power will be too much.

ChefDaddy
ChefDaddy March 30, 2011

Time really depends on the wattage of the Microwave and the size of your small brie. I've seen several sizes in the small brie catagory.. Just keep an eye on it. Also, you can "break" the cheese if cooked too long. You will know when you do this because it will become oily.

CozyDelicious
CozyDelicious March 30, 2011

My mother-in-law will often smear brie with fig jam and microwave on low power for just 60-90 seconds to warm and soften. It's actually quite yummy, although I still do prefer the oven. But in a pinch, the microwave works fine!