🔕 🔔

"Baked" Brie?

Does anyone know if "baking" a small brie in the microwave would work? I'm almost afraid to experiment but if someone already has......................

asked by Fern about 7 years ago

kimkej

I prefer doing it in the oven but have done it often in the microwave with no problems. Depending on the size, I would go 2-4 minutes. It will be yummy either way!

Fern

Thanks Kimkej. On FULL POWER?

StacyG

If you try the microwave go slow and at half power. Check it often. I think 2-4 minutes on full power will be too much.

ChefDaddy

Time really depends on the wattage of the Microwave and the size of your small brie. I've seen several sizes in the small brie catagory.. Just keep an eye on it. Also, you can "break" the cheese if cooked too long. You will know when you do this because it will become oily.

CozyDelicious

My mother-in-law will often smear brie with fig jam and microwave on low power for just 60-90 seconds to warm and soften. It's actually quite yummy, although I still do prefer the oven. But in a pinch, the microwave works fine!