🔕 🔔

"Baked" Brie?

Does anyone know if "baking" a small brie in the microwave would work? I'm almost afraid to experiment but if someone already has......................

asked by Fern over 6 years ago

2e1d3a0a db43 4ff8 8da0 8ce8b200eb65  fb avatar

I prefer doing it in the oven but have done it often in the microwave with no problems. Depending on the size, I would go 2-4 minutes. It will be yummy either way!

B1766b05 a7c4 4a29 808d 37ff6b05ba68  open uri20141105 13348 1tu7kav

Thanks Kimkej. On FULL POWER?

If you try the microwave go slow and at half power. Check it often. I think 2-4 minutes on full power will be too much.

Time really depends on the wattage of the Microwave and the size of your small brie. I've seen several sizes in the small brie catagory.. Just keep an eye on it. Also, you can "break" the cheese if cooked too long. You will know when you do this because it will become oily.

E2133ea2 bd0f 4f85 a942 bf9be05919ab  katie and coconut

My mother-in-law will often smear brie with fig jam and microwave on low power for just 60-90 seconds to warm and soften. It's actually quite yummy, although I still do prefer the oven. But in a pinch, the microwave works fine!