🔕 🔔

Need help making Shuna's butterscotch pot de creme!

What does she mean by 3.25 large egg yolks?

asked by cheese1227 over 6 years ago

I'm guessing this: separate the extra yolk into its own small bowl; whisk it up; pour 1/4 of it into the other yolks. Or if you're REALLY OCD, the average yolk from a large egg weighs 1 ounce. Whisk it up, set a small bowl on a scale, tare it, and pour EXACTLY .25 of an ounce. But I'm guessing that close enough is close enough.

P.S. Add the remaining yolk to dog or the cat's food.

She's likely just dividing a large recipe to a managable size for home. Do what boulangerie says.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I was quite sure that just using 3 eggs would be fine. Unless I had the willing dog, there's no way I'd go for a quarter of an egg yolk. I just checked and see that Shuna agrees. Here's the updated recipe: http://www.food52.com/recipes...