🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Creamy Cucumber "Side"

F1c77ddd 7a02 450a 8325 69e63ceb4fb9  061510f 402

I want to try this recipe as it looks delicious- particularly as the days are getting sunnier & warmer. However, I can't find Meyer lemons in the UK. Any ideas what would be a good alternative? (Or even better: where to get hold of Meyer lemons in London?) Many thanks, Cassandra.

asked by Cassandra2011 over 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

You can use regular lemons, or, if you want to approximate the taste of Meyer lemons, use half orange and half lemon.

D1964e69 bde7 422d 9621 9d8c1f7bc3cf  newliztoqueicon 2

I agree with drbabs - and I like to use organic citrus, whenever possible...

B77e254e 34f9 4166 8fcc dfe99f0f7582  meyer lemons for curd0001

I don't remember seeing them in london, but I'd actually try waitrose sometime. I used to find that they'd have more unusual stuff. Also, you might try whole foods. I see from their website they now have several london stores! When I left it was just the one in Kenn High Street. http://wholefoodsmarket...

Yes, waitrose is really good, that's where I shop from, but unfortunately they don't stock meyer lemons. I think generally it's hard to find meyer lemons in London (if not impossible). Half orange / half lemon sounds good & will probably approximate the taste, I think.

0337e045 7f1c 48a8 8aaa 65ec9ac96b5d  jeani photo 160 size from blog delightfulrepast

If Waitrose fails you, try the glorious food halls of Harrods -- they have everything! Otherwise, the half orange/half lemon thing will work. You can even just dilute the regular lemon slightly with water and get good results. We are very fortunate to have a few Meyer lemon trees in our yard (US) / garden (UK).