A question about a recipe: Creamy Cucumber "Side"

F1c77ddd 7a02 450a 8325 69e63ceb4fb9  061510f 402

I want to try this recipe as it looks delicious- particularly as the days are getting sunnier & warmer. However, I can't find Meyer lemons in the UK. Any ideas what would be a good alternative? (Or even better: where to get hold of Meyer lemons in London?) Many thanks, Cassandra.

asked by Cassandra2011 over 7 years ago

You can use regular lemons, or, if you want to approximate the taste of Meyer lemons, use half orange and half lemon.

Lizthechef

I agree with drbabs - and I like to use organic citrus, whenever possible...

innoabrd

I don't remember seeing them in london, but I'd actually try waitrose sometime. I used to find that they'd have more unusual stuff. Also, you might try whole foods. I see from their website they now have several london stores! When I left it was just the one in Kenn High Street. http://wholefoodsmarket...

Cassandra2011

Yes, waitrose is really good, that's where I shop from, but unfortunately they don't stock meyer lemons. I think generally it's hard to find meyer lemons in London (if not impossible). Half orange / half lemon sounds good & will probably approximate the taste, I think.

Jean | Delightful Repast

If Waitrose fails you, try the glorious food halls of Harrods -- they have everything! Otherwise, the half orange/half lemon thing will work. You can even just dilute the regular lemon slightly with water and get good results. We are very fortunate to have a few Meyer lemon trees in our yard (US) / garden (UK).