Need to take a batch of Olive OIl Gelato to a friend's this afternoon.

I obviously ran out of time to make it yesterday, so will the emulsion come together ok if I can't overnight it before adding the olive oil?

asked about 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure it'll work as long as you get the custard well-chilled. When I need to rapid chill something I put water and ice in a bowl that I can nest the bowl containing the custard (or whatever) into. (not that you wouldn't figure it out on your own!)

I was hoping for yes! Thanks, HLA. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Great advice, hardlikearmour. Also, boulangere, last night I ate some of the batch I made earlier this week, and the olive flavor strengthened over time, so taste as you add it -- you might not need all of it. Depends on the kind of olive oil you're using.

Thank you so much, Amanda! It's chilling over an ice bath as we so to speak, speak.

Beautiful emulsion, spinning happily!

Love the live updates!