🔕 🔔

Recipe Request Part 2, Eggplant Salad

Same falafel place as part 1 also serves an eggplant salad topping for their delicious falafel sandwiches. It has caramelized onions, roasted red pepper, and roasted eggplant. Its served at room temperature and probably has lots of olive oil in it. If you know this salad please let me know if I am missing anything, thank you fellow picklers!

asked by Sadassa_Ulna over 6 years ago

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Sounds like a Baba ghanoush. Or based on that master recipe with the additions of roasted peppers and onions. Is it rough chopped or mashed to a puree? It has tahini in it like a hummus. So, like hummus, there could be some creative additions.

C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image

Thanks Sam1148, its definitely rough chopped and I really don't think it has any tahini in it at all. (So its not Baba as I know it to be). It might be everything I described with just salt, but it is so good I imagine there are other seasonings in it?

I wonder if this product was used. A canned Spanish smoked red pepper. It's used in tapas dishes and Mediterranean cooking.

http://www.amazon.com/dp...

A7132580 ab6d 4637 9b1a ed4f3f514400  scplogoblog

I have marinated thick cut eggplant in different sorts of vinegars overnight before grilling/roasting on the advice of a terrific Israeli restaurant up the street--don't know if this is what you are looking for, but it is a tremendous way to add flavor.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

http://www.jtnews.net/index...
This might have the answer: the basic roasted mashed eggplant + 3 salads made with it, or give you the base to come up with something more like what you had.