"Indian" eggplants - 4" mini-versions of the common aubergine - is there anything I need to know about them? I plan to grill slices. Thanks!

I usually buy Japanese eggplant, which I cut on the diagonal, toss in a bit of olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper before grilling. I'm going to slice these lengthwise and basically do the same thing. Do they need to be salted? (Japanese do not.) Anything else I should know about them? Thanks so much. ;o)

lorigoldsby

They are also great "stewed" with some sambal oelek or hoisin/siracha combo!

Panfusine

They can be quite filled with seeds, Look for the tiny ones that are not too hard when you press down on them.

Do they need to be salted before grilling? I plan to toss slices in oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper right before grilling. Thanks! ;o)

Panfusine

They tend to be chewy, despite their tiny delicate appearance, I've never salted them prior to cooking (which is usually pan frying them.) the oil, vinegar S& P sounds great..

Panfusine, they turned out great! I sliced lengthwise into thirds, tossed in red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, then dumped in at the last minute a few tablespoons of chopped herbs and garlic left over from a chimichurri marinade used for another dish. Sensational, really. Thanks again for all your help. ;o)