🔕 🔔

I'm making pork joint tonight, what can I do to make it fabulous?

asked by @Katie_KitKat about 7 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

How are you cooking it? Do you have a base plan that you want to expand on? I would troll through some recipes on this site and go for what appeals most to your particular taste. And drink a nice bottle of wine :-)

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

Porchetta would be a good start. Pork likes fennel---a lot. Fennel seed, fennel pollen, fennel fronds. It likes rosemary too, just not as much.

6f614b0c 899e 467f b032 d68711f70a39  2011 03 07 18 28 41 870

My mother always did her pork roast with lots of fresh crushed garlic, caraway seeds, and a generous amount of salt. It's delicious!

A7132580 ab6d 4637 9b1a ed4f3f514400  scplogoblog

Check out recipes for pulled pork, which I think is best when made from shoulder (joint). My favorite is to mix a few tablespoons herbs de provence, sea salt and pepper with some nice olive oil and rub it into the meat. Put the meat into an enamel pot (or at least something heavy and with a lid) and cook in a low oven (250-300) until it falls apart when touched (this will depend on the size of your joint). You can also rest the meat on a layer of chopped vegetables (e.g., sliced onions, carrots and potatoes).

B8c85549 23af 4014 8234 ae1da9266ce9  burnt offering

I made some pork loin chops the other night. I marinated them in some EVOO, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, and Meyer Lemon Juice, and then pan fried them briefly before finishing them in the oven. While they were resting, I made a pan sauce from the pan juices by adding a few splashes of white wine, the juice and zest of a Meyer lemon, and some fresh rosemary, let it reduce until thick, and then mounted a few tablespoons of butter in the sauce.