I need recipe ideas for using radishes.

I planted a spring garden and my radishes are out of control. Help. I have been adding them to everything from tuna salad to garnish on tacos but it's hardly making a dent in the supply.

asked by StacyG over 7 years ago

Pretend you are French. Trim and thinly slice some of your bounty. Thinly slice a crusty baguette on an acute diagonal so as to yield a broad slice surrounded by lots of great crust. Carve some chunks of cold unsalted butter and drop them onto your bread. Top with kosher or sea salt. Pour a glass of crisp white wine. Say ooh-la-la!

Alternatively, take the zucchini approach. Conceal them in plain brown paper bags. Quietly drop them outside neighbors' front doors. Ring the bell. RUN!

And then remember that some of us are expecting snow tonight. The 7 of freaking April!

Pickle them. Use as a garnish for Asian meals.

Try roasting them as a side dish. They are delicious roasted. Also check the recipes from the best radish recipe contest. Here's the winner: http://www.food52.com/recipes...
Here are all the contest entries: http://www.food52.com/contests...

stilltrying

In Kristin Kimball's book 'The Dirty Life' which is about how she and her husband start a CSA, she mentions braising them in chicken stock. till tender.

duclosbe1

Look up mrslarkin's Roasted Radishes! Here, I'll do it for you: http://www.food52.com/recipes...
They are seriously one of my favorite things.

We had a radish contest in September. Here are all the entries. Have fun!

http://www.food52.com/contests...

Panfusine

grate them with some salt & pepper into wheat flour , roll them & make Indian style paratha! (mooli ka paratha)

LittleKitchen

This is an idea that my coworker told me about that I have yet to try (but sounds amazing!) Toast slices of a baguette drizzled with a little olive oil. Mash an avocado with lemon juice salt and pepper. Smear mashed avocado on bread and top with two thin slices of radishes. Sprinkle with a dash of salt.

lorigoldsby

julienned radishes on top of shredded pork tacos (with crispy won-tons as the "shells") are my favorite way to use them as a condiment...but there are few things better than spring radishes on crusty bread and mashed avocado with kosher salt and freah cracked pepper. simply devine.

Helen's All Night Diner

You can use them in place of turnips in any recipe. Also, the greens can be used in place of most other greens in your favorite recipe. I like them braised with a ham hock, some onion, and a hot pepper.

littleknitter

One of my friends makes the most amazing rice dish with radishes - cook some white rice, then toss with a lot of butter, some thinly sliced radishes, dill, green onions, parsley, and season with salt. There might be garlic in there somewhere too. It's super simple and surprisingly good.

StacyG

Wow, you guys are amazing. Thank you for all the good ideas. I had no idea you could cook radishes. Will try roasting them tonight!

mainecook61

You can only eat so many radishes. Put the surplus in the compost heap. Dust to dust, no problem.

innoabrd

Let some of them go to seed! The green seed pods are delicious on salads!!!

CaryNC

My address is.....