How to use up a crisper full of Spring?

I am leaving town at the last minute, so now I'm scrambling to use up all the scraps of spring I have in my crisper: ramps, leeks, parsley, thyme, basil, pea shoots, radish micro greens, and scallions. Normally I would toss everything into a quiche, but I am not in the mood to make dough when I get home tonight.

Any thoughts?
Any ideas would be helpful!

HalfPint April 30, 2014

I would make a frittata.

Julie
Julie April 30, 2014

What about a frittata? Similar to quiche but without the crust, and if you have a skillet it can be a one-pot meal.

Tarragon
Tarragon April 30, 2014

Salsa verde and roasted leeks. Otherwise, stash in the freezer for vegetable stock.

Dave on the grill
Dave on the grill April 30, 2014

Grab some pre-made dough in the refrigerator aisle. Or make a crazy spring pizza.

Maedl April 30, 2014

You could make a quiche without the crust if you are in the mood for quiche, but the frittata would be good, too. Either way, you can toss in any cheese remnants hiding in the back of the refrigerator.

Voted the Best Reply!

Friulana
Friulana April 30, 2014

Sounds like a Spring risotto to me! My mother and I would collect all the spring growth in our garden and celebrate with a risotto! ..... Dice a base of onion and garlic, we picked ramps in the forest, add radicchio , arugula, extraneous salads ..... Top with parmigiano...Pecorino .... Safe trip!

arcane54
arcane54 May 1, 2014

Great ideas here... And I especially love the imagery in "a crisper full of spring".

Cristina Sciarra
Cristina Sciarra May 2, 2014

Thanks, all! These are great recommendations, and I will return to them. I ended up making a pesto from the pea shoots and ramps, which I think will last until I get home in a few days, and then I can use it all sort of ways.

For my flight, I made a sandwich of ham, pea shoot-and-ramp pesto, herbs, and sauteed leeks and scallions. It was pretty tasty!