🔕 🔔

How to use up a crisper full of Spring?

I am leaving town at the last minute, so now I'm scrambling to use up all the scraps of spring I have in my crisper: ramps, leeks, parsley, thyme, basil, pea shoots, radish micro greens, and scallions. Normally I would toss everything into a quiche, but I am not in the mood to make dough when I get home tonight.

Any thoughts?
Any ideas would be helpful!

asked by Cristina Sciarra over 3 years ago

I would make a frittata.

191e8978 8695 42e0 9a7a 5d1a1064b95f  photo 4

What about a frittata? Similar to quiche but without the crust, and if you have a skillet it can be a one-pot meal.

Salsa verde and roasted leeks. Otherwise, stash in the freezer for vegetable stock.

Grab some pre-made dough in the refrigerator aisle. Or make a crazy spring pizza.

You could make a quiche without the crust if you are in the mood for quiche, but the frittata would be good, too. Either way, you can toss in any cheese remnants hiding in the back of the refrigerator.

Great ideas here... And I especially love the imagery in "a crisper full of spring".

16f72ccb 3197 434b a946 8e9e68a3715f  cristina 014 web final

Thanks, all! These are great recommendations, and I will return to them. I ended up making a pesto from the pea shoots and ramps, which I think will last until I get home in a few days, and then I can use it all sort of ways.

For my flight, I made a sandwich of ham, pea shoot-and-ramp pesto, herbs, and sauteed leeks and scallions. It was pretty tasty!