Is there any way to tenderize a beef roast after it has been cooked?

specifically, an Eye-of the Round roast

lorenabbey@surewest.net

Lori T. September 27, 2020
If you cooked an eye of round roast beyond medium rare, then it will only be easily eaten if it is sliced against the grain, and as nearly paper thin as you can do. You can reheat it gently in a broth or gravy, as KLS suggested, and do open face sandwiches. Your other option might be to cut it into very small bits and use in a pot pie or hash. Unfortunately, eye of round is just not a roast that will respond to longer cooking in the large cut format. You could also thin slice it and use it cold or room temperature in a grain bowl, top off a stir fry, or a salad. If you have a food processor, you can also make your own potted beef sandwich spread. It's not real gourmet eating, but it will help make a tough cut edible, and spare you wasting expensive meat.

[email protected] September 27, 2020
Thanks Lori -
See my reply to KLS. It looks like there are a number of ways to deal with a tough roast. A beef pot pie is next.

KLS September 27, 2020
How did you cook it? Eye of Round either cook as a roast to medium rare in a short cooking time or it gets tough. If that's what happened, I can only suggest to slice it and cook it slowly in some broth and then make a gravy.
Karen

[email protected] September 27, 2020
Thanks Karen
I cooked it in an electric skillet and finished it off in the oven so I could get a char on the outside with medium rare on the inside. That part worked out ok, but it was so tough as to be unchewable. So I took your advice cut it up in very small pieces and then warmed it in gravy which, with the help of Knorrs Au Jus Mix, Great -- and very edible-- over mashed potatoes! Thanks again!