Garlic scented schmaltz?

Getting ready to make a quantity of matzoh balls, using schmaltz (rendered chicken fat) of course. The rendered chicken fat that I have on hand is very garlicky--it's saved from a garlic laden chicken recipe I made recently. Is this a bad thing? If the only problem is it will make the matzoh balls garlicky, that doesn't sound so bad. Thanks! -Ben

asked by fozziebayer over 7 years ago

sarah k.

Sounds delicious to me! Can you add a little lemon zest?

You're inviting us, right?

fozziebayer

@sarah k. actually, the schmaltz is a little lemony too--it was a chicken slow roasted with garlic and lemon. The chicken was a little bland but the juices and schmaltz that resulted practically made up for it!