🔕 🔔

Middle Eastern Mezze and Kebobs

I'm catering a small cookout gathering (30 people) in May, and wanted to do a Middle Eastern theme with a variety of mezze (hummus, baba ganoush, etc), fatoush, and chicken and lamb kebobs. Will make some merguez sausage too. Would love to hear if anyone has a good kebob recipe out there. Post and share!

asked by Burnt Offerings over 6 years ago

0337e045 7f1c 48a8 8aaa 65ec9ac96b5d  jeani photo 160 size from blog delightfulrepast

No, but I have good recipes for hummus and baba ghanoush on my blog, http://delightfulrepast....

B8c85549 23af 4014 8234 ae1da9266ce9  burnt offering

Thanks! I'll check it out. I think my search has been answered by oui chef's "Shish Taouk with Toum". I had searched on "kebab", and then tried "Middle Eastern", and got all sorts of wonderful ideas - but this one is pretty perfect I think!

Middle eastern kabobs tend to be very simple in terms of spices. I would suggest cubed lamb and chicken simply seasoned with salt and pepper. Just alternate meat and chunks of onion on each skewer and grill. You could jazz it up with some grilled lemon halves that you squeeze onto the kebabs after cooking.

You could also go the kafta route. Grind the lamb then mix with minced onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Form around the skewers and grill.