Uses for coconut flour?

I love coconut and couldn't resist buying the flour. Now what do I do with it? Thanks in advance for responding.

asked by SKK over 7 years ago

Thank you, Syronai. Excellent advice.

Anitalectric
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

I primarily use it to help thicken buttercream frosting. That way, you don't have to add as much confectioner's sugar. To me, frosting with confectioner's sugar alone is overly sweet. I also like the taste and aroma the coconut flour adds. It reminds me of ice cream cones :)

You can even use it to make a raw vegan frosting by blending with young coconut meat, vanilla and agave or dates.

My other favorite use is in coconut macaroons.

Thank you all for the advice. Used it tonight to bake chicken breasts - first coconut flour, then egg, then panko and parmesan. It is amazing, crisp and with that coconut flavor, divine. Thank you Syronai for the idea.

Anita, thank you for your advice. If I were a baker I would go for it.

Still think there are ways to use coconut flour that haven't been revealed yet.

So much to learn.

sarah k.

I made waffles this morning with coconut flour (and no grain flour) and they were pretty tasty.

1/4 cup coconut flour
4 eggs
1 tbsp coconut milk
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 T maple syrup

I have cast iron waffle irons that you heat over a flame, and usually have problems with sticking, but these waffles didn't stick at all, and my kids really loved them.